Ranch History

Underwood Ranch was founded in 1941 by Milton R. Underwood, who owned and operated the ranch until 1965. Milton R. Underwood began raising Registered Hereford Cattle in the 1940’s followed by Brangus and eventually commercial herds from the cattle used for cutting. Ownership was then passed along to his son, David M. Underwood, who operated the ranch with his wife Lynda, from 1965 to 1996. In 1975, David M. Underwood began raising Registered Quarter Horses, which were trained for Cutting competitions. They continued this endeavor through the mid 90

In 1996 David M. Underwood passed operations of the ranch on to his youngest son, Duncan K. Underwood, who, at present, oversees all operations on behalf of the Underwood family. Underwood Ranch now specializes in top quality registered Brahman production through the use of in vitro and embryo transfer process, Golden Certified F1’s and horse quality hay production. It is the home to many Champion titled Bulls and Females.